Top Factors Driving the Classroom Automation System for Higher Education
The quality of education is a vital demand in today’s competitive world. Higher class students are more open to learning opportunities. Hence, every minute of the faculty spent in the class is very crucial as the students are aligning their career path in this phase. We often see in institutes that most of the time of the faculty is spent on the secondary nature activities such as taking attendance of 50-60 students, collecting assignments and before the students are ready to learn, half of the time is already out. Some of the tasks often require a lot of quality time from the faculty. Thus the faculty is left with a portion of allotted time which in many of the cases is not sufficient. There are many sorts of ways that you can automate these tasks and give your institute the tools they need to concentrate on. Even a handful of minutes saved every day will result in a fast return on investment, calculated in both real costs and improved student performance. Academic institutes are rapidly exposed by technology and have realized the importance of technology and have begun to automate their classrooms to enhance the standard of education. With the help of Classroom automation software, it would be easier for teachers to focus on their primary job of teaching.
It is important to point out that the purpose of classroom automation is not to substitute faculties with robots. It is solely to help faculties and students get a better and more efficient learning environment. Classroom automation is an integration of various technological resources such as computers, mobile, software applications in daily classroom practices to improve teaching and learning opportunities through the use of ERP software and mobile apps. A classroom automation system permits students to access digital resources and engage in the system anyplace and anytime, however additionally it actively provides the necessary student learning, suggestions, and support tools.
In higher education, hold-ups and errors during processes can be expensive and devastating to the student. With the right automation software, your institute can take advantage of the technologies by connecting them to one centralized platform. The result is greater visibility across processes, better student’s results, and optimized teacher’s workflow.
Classroom automation is effective because it increase student success by creating an orderly learning environment that enhances student’s academic skills and competencies.
The evolution in the higher education industry has paved the path for classroom automation software, and educators are enjoying the multiple benefits of classroom automation tool.
Several benefits have become the top factors driving the classroom automation software for higher education such as:
1. Classroom Management: A disorganized classroom without routines and expectations makes it difficult for the faculty and students to do their job. Classroom automation software helps in rectifying problems in higher education institutes. It builds and sustains the appropriate behavior of students in classroom settings. The aim of implementing this is to strengthen prosocial behavior and increase student academic engagement. Classroom automation programs have shown to be more effectual when wide support is provided at the university level. Effective classroom automation system helps in:
- Establishing and sustaining an orderly environment in the classroom
- Increasing meaningful academic learning and facilitating social and emotional growth
- Maximizing the engagement time spent academically
2. Easy decision making: A higher education class would be of thirty students or more. Keeping track of each student, and making personalized decisions based on each student requires great efforts which results in delaying decision making. Delays in decision making affect the health of the classroom process. With the help of smart and interactive classroom automation software, one can solve this problem efficiently.
3. Advanced Monitoring tools: Classroom automation system makes faculty constantly aware of all the activities that students perform during an on-going lecture. This software acts like an advanced monitoring tool that enables educators to track each student’s activities through a single interface. Moreover, classroom automation system allows lecturer to modify class activities as per lecture requirements.
4. Build Effective Connection: One of the most important factors that drive the classroom automation software is its feature of building a connection between students and faculties. Suppose a student requires special attention in a class as he or she is unable to grasp the topic then with the help of classroom automation tools, faculties can connect with the student on a one-to-one level and can deliver personalized tutorials as per the learning requirements of the student.
5. Avoids Distraction: Many students are more inquisitive in nature as they have lots of questions, and to solve their queries is the foremost work of a faculty. But sometimes a lot of questions from a single student keep the whole class waiting to move ahead which wastes a lot of productive time. Classroom automation software solves this problem. It allows faculties to provide immediate assistance to a specific learner as it saves the queries of students via a private chatting feature. It leads to a win-win situation where queries of students get resolved without disturbing the entire class. The software helps faculties to send online resources and information to their students. The faculty can follow students in real-time through a single window with this software. It avoids distraction and increases participation.
6. Classroom Schedule: Planning and preparing for higher educational classes is critical. Usually, educators spend a lot of time in scheduling the classroom. They then manually write every classroom schedule in a notebook separately or add the details in the spreadsheet. Anytime there’s a change, the educators have to re-write and re-plan the entire scheduling process. The entire scheduling process can be completely automated so that human involvement is minimized.
7. Time-table updates: Time tables are a crucial part of the education system. With the classroom automation software students can:
- See the highlights of the next lectures with their topic and contents for each course in the respective semester
- Receive updates about the coming deadlines for the assignment
- Get notified with alerts on the upcoming quiz sessions,
- Sync student’s calendar which gives an alert on the next exam dates to help students to get prepared for their exams, project submission date, Poll closing date, discussion ending date, and important event dates.
8. Performance Assessment: Students can receive feedback on their assignment, projects, and exams more quickly, accurately, fairly than ever before. Students can access their performance as faculties would upload the grades directly on the system. Students can evaluate their progress and can compare it within the class. Students need not wait for long weeks or months to get feedback on their performance. Most of the faculties are required to fill out progress reports of every student in their class. Classroom automation can be a great help here. Once student grades have been stored electronically, institute can use automation software to extract the data. One can also send the progress report to parents.
9. Attendance: Attendance tracking is a mandatory process that most educational institutions have to perform on a daily basis. It is important to keep accurate records of students in order to ensure which student is regular. By adopting the right automation tool for your daily attendance tracking, your institute can effectively manage attendance with minimal efforts. Automation software allows students to track and manage their classroom attendance. They can check their absence on a particular day and can work accordingly on the tutorials and notes provided on that day.
A Classroom automation software can provide 3 interfaces
Faculty Interface: from which the faculty members would be accessing the application to handle the classrooms for various courses. Classroom automation helps faculties in meeting the following challenges:
- To cope up with the multiple learning needs of students
- Time constraints to convey best practices to students
- Include peer group involvement in a student’s learning goal.
Student Interface: The student interface is where students can get all the institute-related information including class schedules, theory, and assignments. Every student uses the system by logging with their login ID and password. The design of the software portal is easy to operate for the students.
Admin Interface: Admin interface helps to monitor and manage the institute administrative operations. It examines institute staff and student records, automate timetable, and update institute-related statistics. It syncs student’s and faculty's schedules to their calendars to avoid ambiguity. If something changes, the notification is sent to the respective faculty or student.